Monday, April 2, 2012

Lotus Ring #1


Lotus Ring #1
Sterling silver with enameled cabochon.
Size 9, Raised about 1.25" from finger.


Images below do not belong to me, but were helpful in the design of this piece.  I loved the way the pods dried with the skeletons of the larger 'veins' poking through the thinner layer of plant matter.  There are holes, as you can see in the second photo of the ring, which had little silver paddles wire wrapped on.  They represented the dried stamens, but weren't fully resolved, so they got caught up in one another.  If I were to make another, I might make the paddles out of thinner wire (22 or 20g silver) so they flowed a bit more without looking bulky.

2 comments:

  1. Nice I like the ghost name in the background.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! That won't be there if I submit it for shows, but I like it for web reproductions.

      Delete